Jumat, 09 Desember 2011

"Take THAT, Facebook, Google!" - Twitter

I woke up this morning to the news of #newTwitter finally arriving. I was curious. The reason being this was a change which people were actually praising Twitter! I decided to hit the office and log on to Twitter later. Before I logged on to Twitter, I didn't see any change. After I logged on, there was not the slightest sign of change. May be it will update later on. Who knew?

Either ways, I accessed my Android market and saw that new Facebook, Linked and Twitter updates were waiting for my permission. Twitter updated and I logged in there first. The whole new interface simply wow-ed me. I was happy getting a cleaner interface, an interface that made sense. After the updates were done, I decided to religiously tweet about it. The moment I typed Twitter.com, I landed up in a place which I mistook for Bing! The New Twitter was right there in front of my eyes!






Rich interface and one that is clean. I am all for clean design and Twitter scored in a big way! So, I logged on. My profile changed and how! Compact design and something that gives a a visitor a sketch about myself.




So, the Home page changed dramatically. Trending topics were shifted to the bottom left and the entire design changed to a much more compact view.



Upon clicking "@Connect" (awesome) all of those who had connected with me recently showed up in the timeline. The tweets made much more sense. On the top left corner, "Interactions" and "Mentions" have been added. Interactions tracked my chats with fellow tweeters while Mentions tracked the sole mentions that helped me separate existing conversations with new shares.




The biggest improvement has been with "Discover". Previously known as #Hashtag, Twitter has tried to give this a whole new meaning. With stories that users were discussing about to a brief sketch of them on the right side, Twitter has done a wonderful job!




Just underneath Stories, lies "Actuvity" which gives you a brief scope on the behavior of those whom you follow. Their recent activities will show up in this tab. Nice work in hiding this ugly "stalking" feature!




How about direct messages? DMs can now be accessed in a whole new way from the pull-down menu on the top right corner of the profile. Number of unread DMs will be shown in the section. Let's go inside, shall we?



A whole new Direct Message interface with the recent messages really gave Twitter that HTML5 look. I really liked this one.





All in all, Twitter has done a huge improvement. With the kind of positive feedback that Twitter is generating, it will definitely be music to the founders!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...